Now this is a healthy dosa 🙂
1. Green gram dal/ Moong dal – 1 cup
2. Green chili – 1 chopped finely
3. Ginger – 1/4 inch piece chopped
4. Cumin seeds/Jeera -1/2 tsp
5. Salt – to taste
6. Oil as requred
You have to,
1. Wash the dal in water several times, until the water appears clear.
2. If it is yellow moong dal soak dal in 3 cups of water for at least 2 hours.
If it is green gram dal , soak it in 6 cups of water over night
3. Drain the water and blend dal, green chilly and ginger together and make a smooth batter. While blending, add 1/4 cup of water in several intervals
4. Add in salt and cumin seeds in the batter. Add water as needed. Batter consistency should be like dosa / pancake batter.
5. Make dosas in a nonstick pan until golden-brown in color on each side with little oil. You could make upto six dosas.
6. Serve dosa with coconut chutney or coriander leaves chutney 🙂