I was making meat cutlet on Easter :). But all the cutlets do follow the same procedure
Minced Meat – 1 kg
Boiled and mashed potato – 8 medium sized
Onions – 2 big chopped finely
Green chilli – 4 finely chopped
Ginger chopped – 4 tbsp chopped
Garlic – 4 tbsp chopped
Garam masala – 1 tbsp
Pepper powder – 1 to 2 tbsp
Chopped curry leaves – 1 string
Chopped corriander leaves – 1/4 cup
Oil – for deep/shallow fry + 3 tbsp
Bread crumbs – 1 1/2 cups
Egg – 2 nos
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
2. Add chopped onion, curry leaves and green chilies
3. Once it turns pink, add ginger and garlic. saute it
4. Add minced meat, pepper ,corriander leaves and salt mix well till it is cooked(it takes hardly 10 min) .
5. Now add the mashed potato and mix well for 2-3 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from fire and allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes.
6. Make cutlet in desired shapes.
7. Beat egg in a bowl. dip each cutlet and roll it over bread crumbs. You can make around 45-50 cutlets with this measurement.
8. Heat oil in a wok.
9. Deep fry the cutlets till golder brown.
10. Serve with sauce.
maku, really the cutlet procedure was super-fast…with no compromise on the test..
I now wonder.. why amma spent hours of stirring to make these yummy little ones…