I donno what is it called in English. It looks like this.
For preparing Meen peera you need,
1. Mullan – 8-10 nos cleaned and washed several times
2. Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
3. Green chilli – 2 slit lengthwise
4. Kodampuli/cocum – 5-6 small pieces
5. Salt to taste
6. Coconut – 1 cup grated
7. Onion/shallot – 1/4 cup chopped in chunks
8. Ginger – 1/2 inch piece chopped
1. Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
2. Curry leaves – 2 strands
3. Oil – 1 tsp
You have to,
1. Wash kodampuli/cocum and then soak it in one cup warm water for 10 minutes.
2. Make a coarse paste of coconut, shallot, ginger, green chili and jeera in a blender.
3. To a earthen vessel or meen chatty or to a deep pan, add kodampuli along with the water it is soaked , turmeric powder and salt to taste.
4. Bring to a boil, now add fish and cook till the fish is just about cooked.
5. Add coconut mixture to the fish and cook till all the water is used up.
6. For seasoning heat a pan with oil. Add mustard and allow to crackles and then add curry leaves. Pour this seasoning on the fish and mix.
7. Serve with rice or roti