I was having lunch at a Christian wedding for the first time. It is my cousin marriage
Actually it was the first course which they have served..and I was mistook thinking that is the only food they are going to serve.. That is the very first time I ate Fish Molee..
Fish molee is basically a curry which cooked with coconut milk and mild spices..You could call it a stew as well…. And this is one of the famous dish in Kerala, especially in a Christian family…It is so easy to prepare and can me made so fast…
- King Fish – half kilogram (cut into chunks or slices)
- Coconut Oil – 2 tbsp ( you can replace with refined oil…But coconut oil adds more flavor)
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Curry leaves of 2 springs
- Onions – 1 big quartered and sliced thinly
- Ginger, crushed and finely chopped – 2 teaspoon
- Garlic finely chopped – 2 teaspoon
- Green chilies – 3 slit
- Turmeric powder – 3/4 teaspoon + a pinch
- Coconut milk (medium thickness) – 1.5 cups
- Salt to taste
You have to,
- Clean, wash fish
- Sprinkle a pinch of turmeric and salt.
- Rub well and keep aside
- Heat oil in a clay pan or regular pan in medium flame
- Add mustard seeds and allow to pop.
- Add curry leaves and saute for a few seconds.
- Add onions and saute till it turn translucent.
- Add ginger, garlic, green chilies, remaining turmeric powder and fish pieces.
- Saute gently without breaking the pieces
- Add coconut milk and salt to taste.
- Cover and cook on a low heat for approx ten minutes.
- You could serve this stew hot with Appam . It also goes well with rice