- Potato, Capsicum and Carrot – 1 medium each
- Spring onion – 1 no
- Pepper powder- 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon
- Soya Sauce – 3/4 tbsp
- ginger,garlic – 1 tbsp chopped
- Egg – 1 no
- White Bread – 4-5 slices
- Bread crumbs – to coat
- Oil – 1 tbsp + oil for shallow or deep fry
- Salt – to taste
You have to,
- Chop potato, capsicum and carrot into very small cubes.
- Finely chop spring onion
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add chopped ginger and garlic and saute for 2 min
- Add carrot and potato and mix well.
- When potato is half done, add spring onion and pepper.
- When it is cooked, add salt and soya sauce.
- Once the sauce is absorbed remove from fire and allow to cool.
- Divide the mixture in to 4-5 portions
- Take a large bowl of water, dip one slice of bread and squeeze the water, pressing with 2 palms. (It needs patience)
- Keep 1 portion of cooked vegetable in the middle of the bread and cover it with the edges and form a oval shaped ball.
- Dip these rolls in beaten egg and roll over bread crumbs. (At this stage you can firmly hold the roll with two hands )
- Repeat the same with remaining mixture.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry this rolls till golden brown and drain well.
serve hot with tomato sauce or ketchup 🙂
* If you don’t want to use eggs for coating, make a paste of all purpose flour and water. Use this for dipping
* You can add finely chopped beans and/or boiled sweet corn as well
* You can add cooked minced chicken as well along with vegetables (at the stage where you add spring onion to the pan)