Last Christmas Dinner was a bit different from my previous years. I thought of baking and grilling most of them items. And it turned to be quite healthy dinner. In the menu it was Cottage pie, Grilled Chicken with carrots, a gravy, steamed broccoli salad and sweet potato wedges.
With minimal ingredients this recipe makes a high fiber alternative to the traditional potato wedges…
- Sweet potato – 500 gm
- Salt to taste
- Black peppercorns grounded coarsely – according to your spice level (I used 1 tbsp)
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon
Preheat the oven to 180 deg C
- You have clean each potatoes using a scrubber and water to get rid of the mud or any dirt on it.
- We are not going to peel the skin. Once it cleaned well, wash again
- Cut each of them length wise wedges transfer it to a bowl
- Add salt, pepper and some oil toss well
- Layer these wedges on a baking pan which is lined with baking paper.
- Bake for approx 30 minutes till it turns golden brown. (keep an eye in the oven as the temp varies oven to oven)
- Remove from oven leave it aside for cool down a bit.
- Transfer it to serving dish
You find another recipe using normal potatoes here