I tasted gazpacho at a friend’s place couple of years back and ever since then, I’ve been anxious to prepare this once at home. “Couple of years” !!! Yes, I know it is a long time. This was in my “to do” list for a while. And recently I found an easy recipe. This recipe is inspired by one of my favorite person, Martha Stewart. If I knew it is so simple to prepare gazpacho, may be I would have tried it more earlier.
Gazpacho reminds me of a Smoothie. What is a smoothie? Fruits blended together is a smoothie.. There are vegetable smoothies. But this recipe is not a smoothie..Technically we could call it a vegan soup.. or probably a blended salad.
I think I am making it sound more complicated. Let me put in simple words. This is a nice, refreshing summer soup. Now let us go into the recipe.
- White bread pieces, without crusts – 1 cup
- Garlic – 1 clove finely grated or minced
- Apple cider vinegar – 2 tbsp. (The original recipe asked to use red wine vinegar)
- Cold water – 3/4 cup
- Salad Cucumber, cleaned and washed- 5 nos, peeled seeded and cubed (Recipe says 1/2 English cucumber)
- Red bell pepper, cleaned and washed – 2 medium, seeded and cubed
- Fleshy Tomatoes, cleaned and washed – 1 kg (Recipe says beefsteak tomatoes)
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1.5 teaspoon
- Pepper freshly ground to taste
- Take a medium size glass bowl. Add garlic, vinegar, and cold water
- Stir this and leave aside
- Mince cucumber, peppers, and bread mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Transfer to another large glass bowl.
- Divide the tomatoes in to 2 or 3 portions and puree one portion at a time .
- Transfer this to the cucumber puree bowl
- While pureeing the last portion of tomatoes, slowly add olive oil while blender is running.
- Transfer to the cucumber puree bowl. Add in the vinegar mixture and whisk the whole to combine.
- You could sieve in a large strainer to extract the finest juice at this stage. But it is not mandatory.
- Season with and pepper.
- Chill until served.
- Serve in tiny glasses with cucumber sticks
I just loved clicking these pictures
Beat the summer!!!!
Leave a Reply