I was going through my blog posts and realized very lately that I haven’t posted the cucumber pachadi recipe. So thought of adding this here.. I have posted the beetroot pachadi sometime back. (The recipe is here)
My mom’s recipe
- Indian yellow cucumber – Skinned, seeded and chopped into tiny cubes – 1 cup
- Thick curd – 2 cups lightly whisked
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Green chilies – 2
- Fresh grated coconut – 1 cup
- Cumin seeds – a tiny pinch
- Coconut Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves of a spring
You have to,
- Pulse 1 tsp mustard seeds for 1 or 2 sec. Keep aside.
- Grid the ingredients mentioned under “To grind” to a smooth paste. Keep aside
- Cook cucumber and 3/4 cup water in medium to low temperature till it becomes soft.
- Add the the crushed mustard and the coconut paste. Stir well
- Remove from flame
- Add whisked yogurt and salt
- Stir well to combine. It will be a thick consistency
- For tempering, heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard and allow to pop up.
- Add curry leaves and saute.
- Pour this over the prepared pachadi
Leave a Reply