Modified version of Mom’s recipe. I like the way my mom prepares it. But this is a easy version of her recipe. It still tastes yummy ♥..
- Squid – 500 grams, cleaned, washed and chopped/sliced
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Shallots – 1 cup sliced
- Ginger – 1 table spoon, finely chopped
- Garlic – 2 table spoon, finely chopped
- Chili powder- 1 teaspoon
- Salt – To taste
- Fresh grated coconut- 1 cup
- Coconut Oil – 2 tablespoon (I prefer using coconut oil, as it gives more flavor)
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Dry Red chili – 2 nos
You have to
- Cook squid, sliced shallots, ginger, garlic, red chili powder, turmeric, 1 spring curry leaves in a earthen vessel with some water (1/2 cup should do) in medium flame.
- Add salt to taste. If there is still gravy, heat till it absorbs. Dont burn the squid. Keep aside or reduce the flame to minimum and start preparing the tempering.
- In another pan heat oil
- Add fenugreek seeds and saute for 2-3 seconds
- Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once the mustard seeds pop up, add the dry red chilies and curry leaves.
- Now transfer tempering to the earthen pan and bring the heat high.
- Add grated coconut and stir fry till combined. Remove from fire
- Serve with rice/chappathi
♥ ♥ Love you mom ♥ ♥ !!!
1. According to my mother’s recipe she coarsely grind the coconut with cumin seeds, turmeric and few shallots.
2. You can use onions as well. you need to quarter and slice
This is an old pic. Thought of posting this as well…