A healthy Italian Spaghetti with chicken and tomato sauce.
Spaghetti – 100 to 125 gm
Home made Tomato sauce with seasoning (A store brought tomato sauce with Italian seasoning) – 1 cup
onion – 1/2 portion chopped
garlic – 1 clove
whole Pepper – 3/4 tbsp coarsely grounded
Olive oil – 2 tbsp + 1 tsp
Boneless Chicken breast pieces chopped – 3/4 cup
Salt to taste
Parmesan cheese – 2 tbsp
You have to
1. Bring water and 1 tsp oil to a boil in a deep sauce pan
2. Add spaghetti.
3. Cook until tender as mentioned in the packet, stirring strands often. Add salt.
4. Strain in a colander
5. Add 1 tsp of Olive oil and toss. Keep aside
Prepare chicken tomato sauce
6. While the spaghetti is cooking you can heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok
7. Add garlic and onions
8. Saute till the onions turn translucent
9. Now add the chicken and pepper. Stir fry
10. Close the wok with a lid and allow to cook. (don’t add water)
11. Stir fry in between. It shouldn’t take so long maximum 10-15 minutes. Add salt and stir fry
12. Add the sauce and bring to simmer.
13. Check salt and adjust as required. Remove from flame and keep aside
14. Transfer the spaghetti to 2 or 3 bowls.
15. Add sauce on top of the spaghetti bed
16. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Adding a basil leaf to the sauce and bring a nice Italian flavor.