Cooked long grained rice – 3 cups
Refined Oil – 1 tbsp
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Shahi jeera seeds – 1/2 tsp
Clove – 2
Cardamom – 1
Cinnamon stick 1 tiny piece
Black pepper – 5 nos
Onion – 1 small chopped
Tomatoes – 1 medium chopped
Ginger Garlic – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Green chilies – 3 slit
Salt to taste
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped 2 tbsp
Potato – 1/2 cup skinned cubed and boiled
Cauliflower florets – 1/2 cup par boiled
Green peas – 1/2 cup boiled n strained
Green capsicum – 1/2 portion chopped or sliced
Red capsicum – 1/2 portion chopped or sliced
carrots – 1/4 cup sliced or cubed
Paneer – 1/2 cup cubes optional
You have to
1. Heat the oil in a pan or tawa or kadai. Heat should be medium to high. (make sure all ingredients are ready as all the process will happen in a quick manner)
2. Add garam masala followed by onions. Stir fry till onion turns translucent
3. Add in ginger garlic and saute till the raw smell disappears.
4. Now add dry powders (red chili, coriander and turmeric). saute
5. Add all vegetables, paneer tomato and salt. stir.
6. It just need a 5 minutes maximum to get cooked
7. Add the rice and lemon juice. Mix well.
8. Just need the rice get heated through. (2 min)
9. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with curd
1. You can use any vegetables of your choice. I normally have chopped vegetables in airtight containers in chiller. Some times even boiled potatoes as well. Just have to boil the cauliflower and green peas for 5 minute maximum and strain. rest of the vegetables can be added directly to the pan while frying.
2. If your are using frozen green peas add them 1 min before you add the rice. Stir fry
3. Add a little water if the mixture is too dry at any point of time.
4. You can replace the dry garam masala with a home made garam masala powder and sprinkle it when you add rice to the tawa