Uncooked Quaker Oats – 1 and 1/2 cups
almonds – 1/2 cup finely chopped
packed light brown sugar – 1/2 cup
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
For Cheese Layer
1. Cream Cheese – 350 gm ( I used Philadelphia low fat cream cheese)
2. Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1 tin (i used milk maid)
3. Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
4. Unflavored Gelatine powder – 1 sheet ( 1 tbsp)
5. Hot water – 2 tbsp
6. Lemon juice – 1/2 tbsp
For Strawberry Layer
1. Strawberries – 20 nos cleaned and Halved
2. Cornflour – 1 tbsp dissolved in 2 tbsp warm water
3. Sugar – 1/2 cup
4. Water – 1 tbsp
5. lemon juice – 1 tsp(optional)
Heat oven to 180 degree C.
Making of Crust
1. In large bowl, combine oats, almonds , 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, and the butter, blending well.
2. Spoon the mixture into bottom of spring tin and then press evenly and firmly to form crust.
3. Bake this 8 to 10 minutes(keep checking in between), or until golden brown.
Remove from oven and cool. By then it will become firm
Making of Cheese Layer
1. Soften the cream cheese with a wooden spoon in a deep bowl.
2. Add condensed milk, vanilla essence and beat well using an electric beater.
3. Add lemon juice and mix well continuously.
4. Melt gelatin in hot water and pour this in the cheese mixture stirring continuously.
5. Pour this mixture over the Oats layer
6. Cover the tin with cling sheet and immediately place this in the fridge for an hour (the cheese layer will become firm).
Making of Strawberry layer
1. heat water in a sauce pan and add cornflour and mix well without forming lumps. Add in sugar
2. Heat gently till sugar dissolves. Add strawberries and reduce the flame and cooked for another 1 or 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool well and thicken up.
3. Add this strawberry sauce over the cheese cake.
4. Cover again and refrigerate for another 2-3 hours.(or leave it overnight)
5. Before serving, open the spring tin and slice
I read somewhere that life is a roller coaster. Yes, it is true. It doesn’t matter where you sit. Front or back, rear or center all will have the same kind of experience. It will be exciting at a moment and the next moment it will be something you never expect. It can b tragic or scary. It makes you strong enough to experience how to face it. Anyways it doesn’t last so long in Life or Roller coaster..neither ups nor drops. Recently I came across this quote.
Cherishing those good things happened through out the year is such a nice feeling…So why not we forget the thoughts which let you down.I am trying to do it
With this beautiful thought, wishing you all a healthy, painless and peaceful days ahead
Neela Manogar says
Looks yummy Manjoo.
wow its so tempting and delicious..
Delicious and tongue tickling!!!
Nice and simple looking cheese cake ! very easy to make! I loved the Jar idea! will try it with my kids:)
wow..lovely cake..healthy twist with oats added in the crust:)
Join EP event-Nutmeg OR Parsley @ Chef Mireille's Global Creations
Oh my…that looks so yummmy!!!