Urad Dal – 1 cup
cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Hing – 1 pinch
Onion – 1/2 cup chopped
Pepper – 1 tsp coarsely grounded
Salt to taste
curry leaves chopped of 8-10 leaves
Oil to fry
2. Grind it to a course paste.(Add maximum of a 4-5 tsp of water. May be even less)
3. Heat oil in a wok or kadai or a frying pan in medium flame.
4. Take a bowl add blended urad dal, cumin seeds, hing salt and beat well with wooden spoon(for 20 -30 sec).
6. Add in pepper, curry leaves and chopped onion. Mix well.
7. Wet your hand. Take a small portion of batter in your hand.
8. Form a ball and make hole in the middle for form a doughnut.
9. Slip this slowly in the oil.
10. Repeat the same with remaining batter.
11. Deep fry these in batches in the hot oil it turns to golden colour.
12. Serve with chutney or sambar