To grind you need,
- Coconut – 2 cup
- Shallots/Small Onion – 1 small
- Bird’s eye chili (Kaanthari Mulaku) – 9 nos or normal green chilies – 3 nos
- Chopped garlic and ginger – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Sliced shallots – 1 tbsp
- Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 strip
- Grind all ingredients to a soft paste. If required add water while grinding. (Else Add the water at the end)
- Heat oil in a small wok or kadai.
- Add urad dal and mustard seeds.
- Once mustard seeds pop up, add chopped onions and saute till it turn golden brown.
- Add curry leaves
- Add the grinded paste and mix well.
- Stir it continuously it is warm
- Serve with Idli or Dosa or idiyappam
Leave a Reply