I made this for last week end. One of our friend joined us for lunch. I dint wanna deep fry the chicken. So thought doing this way. Turned out good.
- Chicken – 1 kg cubed or cut into big chunks
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Onions – 1/2 cup sliced
- Curry Leaves of 4-5 strings
- Green chilies – 8 nos slit
- Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
- Freshly ground pepper – 1/2 to 1 tbsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Curd – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
You have to,
- Wash the chicken pieces and drain well with paper towels.
- Make the marinade paste with the mentioned ingredients. Marinate the chicken in this paste keep in the chiller for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large pan or a clay pan in medium flame and saute the diced onions, green chilies and the curry leaves till onions starts to brown.
- Now remove the fried onion, green chilies and curry leaves from the pan and keep aside.
- In the same oil add the marinated chicken pieces.
- Shallow fry all the sides of the chicken till it is tender and the pieces turn golden brown
- Remove from pan and serve hot with the Onion-green chilies-curry leaves tempering.
- Serve as a starter or serve with chappathi
Note: While serving, squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon on top of the fried chicken
Few old pics 🙂