I made this during my PG days. It came out too good. I will prepare this again after Easter 🙂
It is very nutritive as we are adding vegetables. And I like veg Manchurian than chicken manchurian 🙂
1. Cabbage – 1 small grated
2. Cauliflower – 1/4 portion grated
3. Carrot – 1 small grated
4. Green chilli – 2
5. Capsicum – 1 small chopped very finely
6. Garlic & Ginger – 6 heap full tbsp chopped
7. Salt to taste
9. All purpose flour – 1/4 cup
10. Soy sauce – 1 1/2 tbsp
11. Oil for deep fry + 1 tbsp
12. Spring onion bottom portion- 2 cup chopped
13. Cornflour – 1 tsp dissolved in less than quarter cup of water.
14. Water – 1 cup (If you could add vegetable stock, it will be more tasty)
15. Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
16. Sugar 1/2 teaspoon
17. Lemon juice – 1 tsp
18. Spring onion green – 1 cup
You have to
1. Mix together cabbage, carrot, cauliflower, capsicum, half portion of green chillies, half portion of the garlic, half portion of the ginger, salt, refined flour and 3/4 tbsp soy sauce. It will be a kinda sticky mix
2. Heat sufficient oil in a wok.
3. Wet your hand and shape into small balls, roll in cornflour and deep fry till crisp brown and keep it on tissue paper so that it an absorb the excess oil
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add remaining ginger, garlic and green chillies, spring onion bottom portion, remaining soy sauce, pepper and saute.
5. Add water to the pan and boil it for 2 minutes.
6. Add cornflour mixture, lemon and sugar and mix well.
7. Add the vegetable balls and add to the sauce. Mix well
9. Serve hot garnished with remaining spring onion greens.
Note: If you are serving later, don’t add the veg balls. Before serving heat the sauce and the veg balls saute for 2 min and garnish