When I was in Bangalore, one of my room mate is basically a Gujurati. She makes all spicy food, and it is tasty. This is one of the food which I like so much because of the green and gorgeous leaves goes in. This is the way she prepares palak thepla 🙂
- Wheat flour – 4 cups
- Fresh Indian Spinach / Palak – 2 cup chopped very finely
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Garlic – 2 tablespoon finely chopped
- Chili powder – 2 tbsp
- Hing – 1/8 tablespoon
- Carom seeds – 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric – 1/2 teaspoon
- Refined Oil – 4 tbsp + extra for roasting
You have to
- Mix all the ingredients listed into a dough. (Dab with little oil if it is sticky)
- Make equal small balls out of the dough and roll out as rotis.
- Place on a hot griddle, roast and drizzle oil, to shallow fry the Theplas on medium-low heat.
- Serve this pickle or curd or aam ki launji
This can stay soft and nice for 24 hours without refrigerating. I generally make this over night and take it in my lunch box. I take it in a steel box or wrapped with aluminium foil when I travel.
i have tasted this na…itz really tasty…