Years passed….When I came to Doha, I found a big packet of Oats lying in the kitchen. It just ignored and it was there for some more time.
One morning when I was cutting vegetables to make Semolina Kitchadi / Upma , I realised there is no semolina left… I din’t have any other option and I thought I will make uppuma out of Oats. :)….Thats it…
But the output was a tasty and healthy breakfast…though I wasn’t expecting
1. Oats – 1 cup
2. Oil – 2 tbsps
3. Urad dal – 1 tsp
4. Mustard seeds – 2 tsps
5. Ginger, chopped – 1 1/2 inch piece
6. Green chillies – 2
7. Curry leaves, chopped – 8-10
8. Onion, chopped – 1 medium
9. French beans, chopped – 5-8
10. Carrot, chopped – 1 medium
11. Green peas, fresh/frozen – 1/4 cup
12. Salt – to taste
13. Milk – 1/2 cup
1. Heat oil. Add urad dal.
2. Once it turns light brown add mustard seeds. Allow them to crackle.
3. Add ginger, green chillies, curry leaves and onion. Once onion turns light brown, add beans, carrot and peas and mix well. Add salt, and mix well.
4. Cook on low heat till vegetables are cooked.
5. Add oats and mix well. Sprinkle milk. Close lid and cook for 1-2 minutes. Open lid, mix well and serve hot.