Homemade granola is always a hit at home. Best thing is you could customize or control adding the ingredients and make it healthy. Normally I plan this well ahead. I try to get the dried nuts and fruits and make a huge batch on a weekend.
Last night, an idea struck me to try making a gluten free version of my regular granola recipe (check end of this post). So I just whipped in all the ingredients which I had at home and end up making this tasty cereal.
- Puffed Rice - 4 cups
- Raw almonds - 1 cup
- cinnamon powder - 1 teaspoon
- salt - a pinch
- Virgin Coconut oil - 3 tbsp (it is solid, you could melt it)
- Honey - ¾ cup
- Dried cranberries - ½ cup
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius
- Line a baking tray ( 9 or 10 inch square or circle or rectangle) with parchment paper or baking sheet.
- In a large deep bowl add all the ingredients except cranberries
- Toss well and transfer it to a lined baking tray (10 X 10)
- Spread the mixture evenly and keep the tray inside the oven
- Bake it for 15 minutes. Even though it look soft, dont over bake. (As it cools on the baking sheet, it continues to hardens)
- Remove from oven and add the cranberries.
- Mix and leave it on a counter top. Allow to cool down completely.
- Break the clusters and transfer it to an airtight container
- Serve granalo with a splash of cold/hot milk or yogurt