I decided to alter the recipe and the verdict was soft and tasty zucchini poha. Poha is a snack or breakfast made with beaten rice. I have posted a recipe before. You could find the recipe here
This recipe serves 3 to 4 persons
- Marrow zucchini grated – 1.5 cup ( Don’t discard the juices)
- Beaten rice (White or Red) – 4 cups , powder it in a grinder
- Curd/Yogurt – 1/4 cup
- Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- Green chili – 1, finely chopped
- Turmeric – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp, chopped roughly
- Salt to taste
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Refined oil – 1 tbsp
- Dry red chili – 1, broken into 2 pieces
You have to
- Take a large deep bowl
- Add all the ingredients except the ingredients mentioned under tempering.
- Mix mixture well for a while using your fingers (You could use a spoon as well) till it is blended well. You may not require to add any water as the curd and zucchini juice will help.
- Heat oil in heavy bottom pan in medium flame to high flame.
- Add the red chili, onion and saute till it the onion turn translucent
- Add the zucchini and beaten rice mixture to the pan.
- Stir fry till the whole mixture is heated well. 3-4 minutes maximum
- Remove from flame and serve hot or warm or in room temperature
You could replace the sesame seeds with 1/4 cup peanuts. But use while frying the onions.