Last Christmas Dinner was a bit different from my previous years. I thought of baking and grilling most of them items. And it turned to be quite healthy dinner. In the menu it was Cottage pie, Grilled Chicken with carrots, a gravy, steamed broccoli salad and sweet potato wedges.
With minimal ingredients this recipe makes a high fiber alternative to the traditional potato wedges…
- Sweet potatoes – 500 gm
- Salt to taste
- Black peppercorns , coarsely crushed- add according to your spice level (I used 1 tbsp)
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon
Preheat the oven to 180 deg C
- Scrub and clean each potato in water to get rid of mud or any dirt on it.
- Once it is cleaned, wash several times and keep aside. Don’t peel the skin
- Cut the potatoes into length wise wedges and transfer it to a deep bowl
- Season it with salt, pepper and oil. Toss well or marinate.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Layer marinated wedges on the baking pan
- Transfer the tray to an oven and bake for approx 30 minutes till it turns golden brown. (keep an eye in the oven as the temp varies oven to oven)
- Remove the tray from oven.
- Once it is cooled down a bit transfer it to serving dish
You find another recipe using normal potatoes here