Now the easiest breakfast anybody would try in a morning would be a Bread with a sunny side up.. I got the bread packet which has some 7 slices of bread. The shape of the bread hesitated me from toasting it so I decided to bake it in my muffin pan.
For this recipe you need,
- Eggs – 3 nos
- Milk – 1/4 cup (or 2 tbsp of heavy cream)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper as desired. I ground it fresh and use plenty
- Cilantro (coriander) leaves, finely chopped – 2 tbsp
- Oil or Butter to brush (optional)
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degree celcius
- Using a roller pin, flatten the bread slices lightly. This will help the slice to become a bit pliable
- Lightly oil or butter muffin cups in the tray. (I dint use)
- Press the bread pieces inside your muffin tray.
- The edges may come out, That is OK
- Make sure there is no gaps. I could make 5 cups with the bread slices I had
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and keep out. The cups will be lightly toasted
- Meanwhile the cups are baking, in a bowl whisk egg, milk salt and pepper.
- Pour this mixture equally in all the cups and quickly keep the pan inside the oven
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, till the filling is set. To check if it is set, you could open the oven after 7 to 8 minutes and shake the tray slightly.
- Remove the pan from oven . Turn off the oven
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and allow to rest for 5 minutes
- Serve warm
- Next time I will remove the crusts as the edges will be extra toasty which my husband doesn’t like.
- I will try to add 2 tbsp of finely chopped capsicum, cilantro and probably some some cheddar cheese while whisking eggs
Have a blessed day!!!