This is an awesome recipe for granola which is packed full of seeds and crunchy nuts. I take this for lunch sometimes. It is so filling that you will not hungry. I make this at least once in a month and I have tried this several times.
This recipe is fully inspired by Siba Mtongana
- Oats – 2 cups
- Desiccated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Pumpkin seeds – 1/4 cup
- Sunflower seeds – 1/4 cup
- Raw almond nuts – 3/4 cup
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Dried cranberries/cherries – 3/4 cup
For the syrup
- Dark brown sugar – 1/4 cup
- Butter – 3 tbsp
- Honey – 3/4 cup
- Salt – a tiny pinch
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
You have to
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C
- Take a non-stick baking tray
- Add oats, coconut, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, cinnamon powder, raw almonds and cinnamon powder to the baking tray. Mix well.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes till the mix turns slightly golden. (Please keep an eye in the oven as the temperature varies oven to oven).
- Once done remove from oven
- When the dry fruit oats mix is baking in the oven you can make the syrup
- Add all the ingredients except vanilla extract in a pan and heat them in medium flame.
- Stir well
- Once the syrup is melted and turned slightly thick, remove from heat and add the vanilla extract
- Pour this syrup over the toasted mix once you remove from oven
- Mix together and make sure all of the ingredients are coated well.
- Keep the tray back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes. till the mix turn golden brown
- Remove from the oven
- Allow to cool down a bit
- You can add the dried cranberries or cherries when the mix is warm.
- Mix well and allow the granola to cool down completely
- Store in a clean dry storage jar.
Take required amount in a bowl. You can have this with milk or yogurt
- If sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds are not available, you can skip it.
- You could even add walnuts
- Instead of raisans you could use golden raisins