But the worry part was that the cake will be picked up on the next day morning.
Thank God it was a weekend.
Quickly I started… I decided to prepare a marble cake with a buttercream frosting…
I baked an 8 inch cake. While the cake was baking, I made the butter cream. Once the cake was baked, it was kept on a wire rack to cool down a bit. Then I turned it upside down, and removed the tin.
Allow the cake to cool down well. Give it couple of hours. Cover the cake with foil so that the cake doesn’t get dried up
For the spider man structure, I decided to use the same technique of Buttercream transfer.
- Take the picture Spider man (I opened it in my iPad)
- Keep a square butter paper on top of it.
- Trace the outline of the spider man using a pencil. You could trace the inner lines and eyes as well. Make the outline of eyes more thicker.
- Now stick the edges of the butter paper on a flat steel plate or on a cake board in a such a way that the reverse side of the butter paper is facing us.
- Pipe black butter cream over the outline of the spider man’s face.
- Place the plate in he freezer for 20 minutes
For frosting cake you could,
- Take a cake board, and put a tiny dollop of butter cream in the center
- Place the cake. If the cake is not flat, you could slice the dome to make it a flat cake. Mine was a flat cake.
- Brush some simple syrup on top and sides of the cake..
- For covering the cake i used black butter cream
- Add a cup of buttercream on top of the cake
- Using a offset spatula spread the butter cream to cover the top and sides of the cake.
- Try to give a fairly smooth finish with the spatula
- Wipe the edges of the cake board to keep it clean
- Refrigerate cake for 10 minutes
- Take out the buttercream transfer image from the freezer
- Slowly peel the paper and place this structure on the top of the cake.
- This needs to be done quickly. Else the butter may turn soft.
- Now fill 2 piping bags. One with white and another with red
- Using a small star nozzle pipe the face with red butter cream
- For eyes use white..
At this point of time I decided to create a web around the face. So piped black butter cream lines and filled the rest of the area with white. Left the sides of the cake as it is
To view the cakes I made so far please click here