This recipe is heavily inspired from Nigella’s. If you want to make a chilled dessert overnight, then go for this. I am using honey to give a healthy twist and it is still delicious
- Savoiardi biscuits or sponge fingers – 30 nos
- Mascarpone cheese – 250 grams
- Whipping cream – 200 ml
- Honey – 5 tbsp (Original recipe says 1 cup of sugar)
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
For dipping syrup
- milk – 150 ml
- cocoa powder – 1 tbsp
- instant coffee – 1 tbsp (preferably expresso)
- vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
- Generous amount of cocoa powder for dusting
You have to
- Keep the whipping cream in a bowl in the refrigerator to chill…at least 30 minutes
- Beat mascarpone with 2 tbsp of honey till creamy.
- Take out the whipping cream bowl from the refrigerator and whisk whipping cream with remaining honey till stiff peaks formed
- Then pour it into mascarpone bowl.
- Add vanilla essence and mix them just till combined (don’t over mix)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl which is mentioned under dipping syrup. Keep aside
- You use a rectangular dish of at least 9X9 inch. I some time use tall or small glasses. SO that it will make easy to serve. You can check my previous recipes (Links are on top of this page)
- Now dip the biscuits in the syrup, one by one and place them in the dish
- Dust some cocoa powder on top of the biscuits
- Pour 1/2 of the cream on the biscuits. and spread gently to reach all corners.
- For 2nd layer, repeat the dipping process and finish up all the balance of the cream.
- Dust the top with cocoa powder as you like
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve chill
- You could use cream cheese instead of mascarpone
- I prepared tiramisu in 2 portions. One is a plate as you see above and other in a box. You can increase the layer depending upon the presentation.