A recipe inspired by Late. Mrs. K.M. Mathew.
This is a very simple recipe and a must try. Unlike my previous recipe, it doesn’t have ginger, garlic or vinegar added to this.
- Raw mango, skinned seeded sliced thinly – 4 cups
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder – 2 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds – 2 tablespoon, dry roasted in a pan and coarsely grounded
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 teaspoon, dry roasted and powdered
- Asafoetida – 2 tsp
- Sesame oil – 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1 tablespoon
You have to,
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under the first category in a bowl
- Heat oil for tempering
- Add mustard seeds and allow to pop up
- Add in red chili powder and fry till the raw smell disappears..
- Immediately remove from pan and keep aside
- Once it is room temperature add the tempering to the mango spice mix
- Mix well and fill in jars with airtight lids.