I got these pictures from my draft. I made this a month back.
When it is summer, I like to prepare fruit yogurt. Last summer I made blueberry yogurt and strawberry lollies. Both turned out very nice.
When I saw big packets of fresh cherries in the super market, first thing which came into my mind is to make a cherry yogurt.
- Fresh ripe cherries – 1 cup, washed cut into half and stoned
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- low fat plain yogurt – 2 cup
You have to
- Strain the yogurt in a colander. leave it till we are going to use it for the recipe
- Place the cherries, water and sugar in a sauce pan and bring to a boil
- Let it boil 2-3 minute in slow flame.
- Transfer this to a strainer to strain the syrup.
- DON’T PRESS the cherries or pulp with spoon. Save this syrup. (I got an idea to something different with this syrup while straining).
- Allow to both the residue and syrup to cool down well
- Now transfer the yogurt to a big bowl.
- Take the residue and grind well.
- Add this to the yogurt bowl
- whisk with a fork or whisker till it is blended well. (Dont over do)
- Transfer this to a tray and freeze this mixture for at least 4 hours
- Remove from freezer.
- Blend the whole yogurt mixture once
- Transfer this again to the tray and freeze it over night or till it is firm
- Scoop and enjoy!!!!!
Now what we are going to do with the syrup???
Bottle it!!! And chill it!!!..
And then try any of the below
Cherry Lemon juice
- When you make a lemon juice, just add 1 or 2 tbsp of cherry concentrate to the lemon juice. As it is already sweetened, check sweet level of lemon juice
- Top with soaked chilla seeds
- Enjoy your drink
Cherry cream soda
- Take 2-3 tbsp of cherry syrup in a tall glass
- Add 1 tbsp of cream
- Fill the glass with soda (sparkling water)
- Add whipping cream on top (I used the ready made one)
- Drizzle some more syrup on top.
- You are done