This is something new to me, a halwa out of potato. But I need to say, this North Indian dessert is extremely simple and can be prepared so quickly if you have any boiled potatoes in the refrigerator
All the ingredients which goes in this recipe is always available at home
- Potato – 1 big, boiled, skinned and mashed well
- Ghee – 1 tbsp heap full
- Powdered sugar – 1/4 cup
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Green cardadom powder – a pinch
You have to
- Heat ghee in a thick bottom sauce pan in medium to low flame
- Add the mashed potato.
- Now stir fry continuously using a wooden spoon
- Fry till the potato is fried well and nice aroma comes. (This takes around 10 minutes and the ghee oozes out and the mixture turns shiny)
- Add milk and sugar to this.
- Keep stiring till the mixture starts leaving the pan
- Make sure no lumps formed
- Finish it off adding cardomom powder and stir well
- Serve warm.
Notes: You could garnish it with chopped almonds. I skipped it