- Refined flour – 1 cup
- Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Egg – 1
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Ripe bananas – 2 large ( this should give approx 2 to 3 cups mashed banana)
- Vanilla seeds of 1 pod or 1 teaspoon essence/extract
- Cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon
- Ripe plums -7 large pitted, cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Butter 9 inch diameter spring form tin and keep aside
- Mix 1 tbsp sugar (you can take this from the 1/2 cup sugar) and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl and keep aside
- In a bowl combine flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In another large bowl cream together egg and sugar.
- Add in mashed bananas, vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder. Stir well
- Fold in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Spread the batter in a baking tin.
- Press plum wedges halfway into batter in circles,slightly apart.
11. Bake until cake is browned on top and tester inserted into center comes out clean. About 30- 40 minutes.
13. Remove from over and run a knife or butter spoon around cake to release tin sides. Now remove the ring.
Best is to serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream..Bliss..Just loved it ♥ ♥ ♥