I never got a chance to make him eat my fav special dishes. Couple of years back he came down to celebrate Onam with me. That time I made the full course Onam sadya.
I have made brownie couple of times using this recipe. Thanks to Martha. I love this because, i use the chocolate which has 85% cocoa. And sugar is replaced with light brown sugar. So I am happy
I managed to click few snaps as well. Here is the recipe
- Unsalted butter – 226 gm (basically 1/2 pound), plus more for cake pan
- Light-brown sugar – 2 and 1/2 cups
- Unsweetened chocolate – 170 gms , coarsely chopped
- Large eggs – 2 fresh in room temperature
- Pure vanilla extract – 2 tsp
- All-purpose flour – 2 cups (You can replace 1/4 cup with unsweetened cocoa powder. I did that)
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter a 9-by-13-inch square cake pan. and line it
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and chocolate in a bowl. And double boil to melt the butter sugar and chocolate completely
- Beat the eggs and vanilla in a bowl
- Add this into the melted chocolate and fold well with a wooden spoon.
- Fold in the flour and salt.
- Pour this into the prepared pan, and smooth the top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
The best part is to lick this spoon ♥♥♥♥
- Let it cool down.
- Turn the brownie cake out onto a baking sheet, and flip over onto a work surface. Unlike cakes, I believe the cracks on top of the baked brownie is just perfect..