Few days back I made semolina roti. Both has the similar steps
Ragi / Millet Flour – 1 cup
Onions – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
Water – 1.5 cups
Oil – 1 tsp + for dabbing
Salt to taste
Rice powder or Ragi powder for dusting
1. Boil water, 1 tsp oil, salt in a pan in medium flame.
2. When it starts boiling add flour.
3. Add the flour little by little and stir it. by then the water will be absorbed by the flour.
4. Remove from fire. Close and keep it for 5-10 minutes.
5. When the dough is warm enough to touch, add in the chopped onions and kneed this mix to form a soft dough.
6. Now make small small balls (marble shaped or lemon sized)
7. Dust the dough with rice flour and flatten the ragi dough in a wooden board using rolling pin
8. Heat a pan and cook the flattened roti till both sides are done ( 10-15 seconds per side)
9. Make sure to cook on a medium flame on both sides. It will puff up. Repeat the same with the rest. (You brush ghee or oil on both sides)
10. Serve with any chutney or non veg gravy