Serve as snack. Or serve with pickle and curd for breakfast or with any subzi.
- whole wheat flour (atta) – 1 cup
- yogurt whisked – as required
- cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- asafoetida powder – a pinch (1/4 tsp)
- fenugreek/methi leaves – 2 cups cleaned, washed and drained
- Oil – 2 tbsp + for cooking
- garlic crushed/finely sliced – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan in medium flame
- Add carom seeds followed by garlic
- Season with turmeric and chili powder. After approx 10 seconds(by then the powders will be fried enough) add fenugreek leaves
- Add salt and saute. the leaves will shrink and water will oozes out.
- Increase the flame to allow the water to evaporate
- Remove the pan from flame
- Add 1 cup wheat flour and mix with a spoon and keep aside
- Once the wheat flour is warm enough to touch, knead well to form a soft dough. add yogurt or curd only if required.
- After 15 minutes. divide the dough into 5 to 6 tiny balls
- using roller pin make thin discs of theplas
- Heat pan on medium to high heat, cook the rolled out theplas smearing oil as required on both side and until brown spots appear on the theplas.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve hot or cold.
If you are not planning to have it on the same day, fold and keep them in a steel box. It will taste good even after a day.