1. boneless, skinless chicken breasts – 2
2. all-purpose flour – 1/4 cup
3. salt – 1/2 tsp
4. freshly ground black pepper – 1/2 tsp
5. egg – 1
6. water – 1/2 tbsp
7. seasoned or normal bread crumbs – 1/2 cup
8. Parmesan cheese – 1/4 cup gratted
9. olive oil
You have to,
1. Pound the chicken breasts until they are fairly and equally thin .
2. Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a plate.
3. On a second plate, beat the eggs with 1/2 tablespoon of water.
4. On a third plate, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
5. Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with the flour mixture
6. then dip both sides into the egg mixture
7. pressing lightly. coat both sides in the bread crumb mixture
6. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large saute pan
7. cook chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 minutes on each side
8. Transfer the chicken in a baking tray to a preheated (180 deg) oven
9. Bake for another 10 minutes. (you can skip this step by frying in pan itself for 3-4 minutes each side)
10. Serve with salads or/and with extra grated Parmesan.
1. Instead of pounded the chicken, you could make thin strips of chicken breasts and continue from step 2
To pound the chicken
a. Take a wooden cutting board and place a cling sheet.
b. now place the boneless chicken breast.
c. place another cling sheet to cover it
d. use longer cling sheets so that you can tuck the edges below the wooden board.
e. Now using a mallet pound the chicken to make it thin and even layer of thickness
f. Advantage is, the chicken gets cooked soo fast 🙂
Sending this recipe to Annzcafe Valentines Special Event