Little Cinnamon Hearts for my sweet heart 😉 . I am so happy to to see the output of this recipe :). It appeared and tasted almost like Britannia Little Hearts biscuits.
1. Puff pastry – 2 squares
2. White sugar – 1 to 2 tbsp
3. Light brown sugar – 1 tbsp (you can replace this with white sugar)
4. Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
3. Keep 2 puff pastries next to each other
4. Using a dry roller pin roll the pastry sheet horizontally(If sticky sprinkle a bit of all purpose flour)
5. Now spread the brown sugar and cinnamon powder evenly.
6. Roll again so that the brown sugar and cinnamon powder will stick to the pastry
7. Now, from each sides roll the pastry sheets equally towards the center and finish in the middle
8. Cut it into a thin pieces using a cold dry knife. (Dont give much pressure over the rolls)
9. Place the sliced pieces it on a lined baking tray. And place it in the middle rack of the oven.
10. Bake for 5-7 minutes or till it is light brown . It will get puffed and look like a little heart now.
11. Open the oven door, flip the rolls and bake for another 2-3 minutes
12. Keep it on a wire rack and allow to cool down.
13. Sit back and enjoy the crispy sweet snack. Or store it in a air tight container
1. You could use a big pastry sheet and increase the sugar and cinnamon quantity as you desire
2. At step 5 you could add some raisin as well 🙂