- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- onion – 1 large chopped
- carrots – 1 medium chopped
- Frozen green peas – 1/2 cup
- Frozen sweet corn – 1/2 cup
- meat/lamb/chicken/soya mince – 250 gm
- tomato puree – 1 big seeded and pureed
- tomato ketchup – 2 tbsp
- garlic – 1 clove crushed
- Veg stock or water – upto 1/4 cup (if required)
- bay leaf – 1
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- potatoes – 3 large, peeled and chopped
- butter – 2 tbsp
- milk a splash
- salt and pepper
For brushing over the pie
- Melted better – 1/2 tbsp (optional)
You have to,
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until soft(approx 20 min). Drain and mash well while hot.
- Add a splash of milk and the butter.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix well to a creamy mash
- Now heat oven to 180 deg cel
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and carrot and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the minced meat mince and cook for 3 minutes to brown.
- Add the garlic, tomato puree, bay leaf. Add stock if the mix is dry.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add in green peas, corn, ketchup and season with salt and pepper. (if water is there, put the flame to high till it is dry)
Setting up the pie
- Spoon the meat and veg mixture into an ovenproof dish.
- Top with the mash. You could use a pastry bag to fill them and form peaks.
- Brush with melted butter. (This is optional)
- Bake for 30 minutes until peaks are golden brown.
Scoop and serve with chapatti or dinner roll or eat as it is
Note: Check this recipe for see how to make soya mince