- Indian lime | Cheru naranga – 20
- Gingelly oil / Nallenna / Sesame oil – 6 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 3 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 2 tsp
- Garlic – 5 tbsp gratted
- Ginger – 3 tbsp gratted
- Curry Leaves of 6 strings
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 4 tbsp ( you can reduce if you dont want it is very spicy )
- Asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Clean,wash and dry the lemons .
- Cut each lemon into 4 or 8 pieces
- Add these pieces to a bottom thick sauce pan along with salt.
- Cook in low flame.
- The juices will ooze out during this process
- Add 1 tbsp oil, sugar, red chilli powder, asafoetida, turmeric and some more salt(if required)
- Mix well and continue the process till the juices are absorbed (all should happen in low flame).
- Heat 5 tbsp of oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- When they pop up add fenugreek seeds and fry for few seconds.
- Add garlic, ginger and curry leaves and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the lemon mixture and mix well evenly.
- Remove from flame and allow to cool completely( 4-5 hours)
- Transfer that to a clean and dry glass jar and close tightly with a lid.
- Use dry spoon to take pickle. Serve with rice , kanji or parathas
The below picture was clicked the very first time when I made, the remaining pictures were clicked in the second time
Note:- As we are cooking the lemon in the beginning, no need to add vinegar.