1. Egg yolks – 6
2. sugar – 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp + 1/4 cup
3. marsala wine/ rum – 1/2 cup
4. whipping cream – 250 ml
5. Mascarpone cheese – 500 gm(I used Galbani)
6. Strong coffee – 2 cup
7. Vanilla – 1 tbsp
8. Lady Fingers biscuits as needed
9. Cocoa Powder/ grated chocolate for topping/garnishing
You have to
1. Set a Large sauce pan or vessel with water to full boil.
2. In a another large heat proof bowl(This bowl should be able to sit on top of the above bowl), whisk together the egg yolks & 1/4 cup sugar.
3. Reduce the heat to simmer and place the bowl on top of this vessel. The bottom of the bowl shouldnt touch the water.
4. whisk the egg and sugar mixture
5. Add in the marsala/rum and continue whisking till it forms into soft mounds
6. Now remove from steam. Wrap using a cling sheet and chill in freezer for 5-10 min.
7. You can start whipping the cream with 2 tbsp sugar till peaks are formed.
8. Take a large bowl soften the mascarpone cheese. Add the egg mixture and the whipping cream
9. Fold in slowly till it is mixed evenly. Leave it in fridge for 1 hour or 15 minutes in freezer
10. mix coffee,2 tbsp sugar & Vanilla in a bowl and keep aside.
11. You can prepare it 2 ways. I did it in 2 ways
1. Take 3 finger biscuits and break it into 2 to form 6 pieces .
2. Dip each piece in the coffee mixture and arrange it tall wine glass.
3. Arrange 4 pieces and add 4 tbsp cream mixture on top of it.
4. Place the remaining 2 pieces on top of this cream mixture after dipping it in coffee mixture.
5. Add finish it with cream mixture.
6. Repeat the same with other wine glasses.
7. You can make approx 12 glasses of tiramisu.
8. Cover each glasses with cling sheet.
9. Refrigerate over night
10. Before serving top with coco powder or gratted chocolate.
1. Line a cake tin with aluminium foil/ cling sheet
2. Now arrange 1 layer of biscuits to fit the pan in the cake tin.
3. Pour 1 tbsp of coffee mixture over the top of each biscuit.
4. Spoon 1/3 rd of the cheese mixture over biscuits and spread evenly.
5. Layer the biscuit over cheese layer and pour coffee mixture over each biscuit.
6. Spread half of the remaining cream mixture. Repeat this step one more time and finish with cream mixture. If you wanna serve as a pudding, you can stop here.
Note:- If you wanna serve as a cake, arrange one more layer of biscuits. Pour the coffee mixture over the biscuits as mentioned above. Cover with cling sheet and refrigerate overnight. before serving do upside down and slowly remove the cling sheet
7. Cover the top with cling sheet and refrigerate overnight.Before serving you can dust with coco powder or gratted chocolate
8. Slice and serve