As I prefer to eat vegetarian when it comes to sandwiches and burgers. So I try making tikkis adding most of the vegetables. That way it becomes healthy..Tikkis can be eaten as it is or with a chat or as a slider in a burger. Spread this filling in a sandwich
I use to take in my snack box or have it as a breakfast.
This is quite easy to prepare…
- Boiled and mashed potato – 2 cup
- carrots grated – 1/4 cup
- frozen green peas – 1/2 cup
- Cottage cheese(paneer) – 3 tbsp grated
- Green chilies – 1 chopped
- Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds powder – 1/2 tsp
- Freshly grated ginger – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp chopped
- Butter/Oil – 1 tsp
- All purpose flour/Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- salt to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
You have to,
- Heat the 1 tsp oil/butter. Add the ginger, green chili, green peas, carrot and salt.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Crush the green peas with the bottom of spoon
- Add mashed potato, cottage cheese, pepper, salt and cumin seed powder and mix well
- Add coriander leaves mix and remove from fire.
- Make croquettes and dust with the all purpose flour/corn flour. (you should be able to make 6 to 8 portions)
- In pan heat oil. Shallow fry the patties both sides till light brown.
- Serve with tomato sauce or tamarind chutney.
You can make veg sandwich or burger using this. You have to take whole wheat burger bun, slice it and apply little mayonnaise. Keep one tikki in between and enjoy.
An old click