White bread – 2 slices
Skimmed Milk – 1/2 cup
Saffron strands – 5 nos
Condensed milk – 1 tbsp ( 1 tsp also will do)
Almonds – 4 nos chopped or sliced
You have to,
1. Remove the crust from bread sliced
2. Cut each slice into 4 pieces
3. Take a non stick pan.
4. Toast both sides of the bread pieces till light brown and keep aside.
5. Boil Milk, condensed milk, saffron in a sauce pan.(Stir continuously. Boil for 2-3 min)
6. Add in the almonds and remove mixture from stove.
7. Take one serving Dish.
8. Dip each pieces of bread in the milk mixture and arrange it on a serving dish.
9. Pour the rest of the milk mixture.
10. Serve warm of chill.
Note:- You could lightly butter one side of the bread piece and sandwich with the other piece and then dip in milk mixture.
this recipe is posted in Umm Mymoonah’s any one can cook series.. click here to see the post 🙂