Inspired by Anjum’s recipe 🙂
- Aubergines, thinly sliced into rounds – at least 15 slices (I took i small 10 cm long egg plant)
- turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Refined oil – 1 tsp + 1 tbsp
- Skimmed yogurt- 2 cups
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp grounded
- Coriander leaves- 2 tbsp
You have to ,
- Dust the aubergine slices with the turmeric, salt and half the red chili powder.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and fry both sides of the aubergine pieces until soft (you may have to do this in two batches). Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the yogurt with the salt and red chili powder.
- heat gently stirring the curd mixture in a small saucepan till it is warm
- Stir in the the aubergine slices to combine.
- Garnish with the fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice
Old pics 🙂