Mummy’s style 🙂
Long beans – 250 gm
Shallots or Onion – 1 cup sliced
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Red chill powder – 1 – 2 tsp
Coconut oil – 3 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Curry leaves of 1 spring
Thin coconut slices – 1/4 cup chopped 1 cm long
You have to
1. Cut beans into 1 cm long pieces .
2. Heat the coconut oil in a kadai or a pan.
3. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
4. When it starts to splutter, add coconut slices, onions, beans, turmeric salt and red chilli powder . saute well for 2-3 min.
5. Now close the pan with a lid and cook in low flame for 10-15 minutes.
6. Open the pan, fry in medium flame till the water absorbs and the mixture turn dry.
6. Serve with rice , chappathi or curd rice