When I was young, I was very interested on my Mom’s cookery books. I sit back and simply turn the pages ..just to see all pictures. She is a great cook and my inspiration. One day mom got Milkmaid to make Kheer. The grabbed the empty tin to lick the leftover condensed milk sticked on the sides of the tin. I am sure few people does this. I happen to notice the label. I said, if I send the label to the mentioned address, I shall receive a cook book. I was excited. I did the same. And after few days I received a cook book “Taste the wonders of Milkmaid”. After so many years, still I have that book with me 🙂
Milkmaid is really a maid for me :). Because it saves a lot of time, especially while making gajar ka halwa, phirni, kheer etc.
Lemme share the recipe of butter cookies.
1. Milkmaid – 1/2 tin
2. All purpose flour/maida – 250 gm (2 cups)
3. Butter – 150 gm (make sure it is fresh)
4. Baking powder – 1 1/2 tsp
You have to,
1. Preheat the oven to 160 deg
2. Beat together milkmaid and softened butter
3. sift together maida and baking powder and make a soft dough
4. roll the dough to a 1/8″ thickness and cut into desired shapes and sizes.
5. Placed on a greased tray and prick each with a fork.
6. Bake for 15-20 min
7. Cool and start munching the cookies